TopHat

Image result for tophat
Image by Nikodem Nijaki via Wikimedia

In class, we started using the website TopHat. I personally have used this platform before, and honestly, I am not a fan. We would use it in one of my old classes to answer questions we had no idea the answer to because the class was very weird and confusing. However, haven't seen it used like we use it now in my Esoc class. Now, I read a passage or two and answer questions that help me reflect on what I just read. This is very useful for me and makes it easier to retain information. I also find this subject much more interesting than the last class I used TopHat in, so I most likely pay more attention as well.
One thing we read about was Civil Inattention. This is the "cultural norm whereby strangers who are in close proximity refrain from imposing on each other, staying out of one another's business to respect privacy and personal boundaries." I never knew there was a name for such a thing. I feel as humans, if we choose to follow them or not, know about these hidden "rules" that shape our society today. You know how nice it is to get someone to hold the door for you. On the contrary, you also know how rude it is when someone slams it in your face.

Here is a link to a video explaining a little more about TopHat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Group Project 1

NYC Trek