Final Blog Post and Group Presentation Day

Today my group along with three others presented our Collaboration Project 2 to the class. My group went 4th, or last of the day so we were able to look at other projects before ours was presented. Most groups did images with a voice over but one group made and acted out an actual video. I thought this was cool but it did not resonate with me like the others ones did. I am glad my group and I stayed away from that as it seemed much harder to understand. All of the groups did well and if I had more time to make changes to my project I would've added some things /i took from the work shown today.
However, I think we did one of the best out of all the groups that went today in terms of content, video, and presentation. Our topic had to be an awareness we wanted to make known so we chose Modern Slavery. I felt our finishing product was good and well thought out with a solid presentation. We took ample time to make sure our transitions flowed with one another's topics. Grading myself: I started out good when talking to the class and ended not so good as I got shaky and the notes on my notecard did not make sense. I elaborated and tried to take control as I wanted to finish strong to give my net group member a smooth carry-over.
Overall, it was a good and fun project that involved skills I am not very good at; video editing/creating. I hope to improve this skill in the future and be able to do a project like this on my own if need be. My group did a great job across the board and I am glad I was able to be apart of it. Slavery is still a very real  issue and needs to be talked about more. The signs and things to look for need to be openly known to the public so we can combat this still serious problem.


Image result for collaboration
Image by Rio via Pixabay
My own progress is reflected in my final group project. I give credit to my peers and group members for my success in this class. Meeting these people and collaborating with them allowed me to come out of my shell and be comfortable in the class. This allowed for me to produce my best work and learn to the best of my ability. My blogs also improved on account of my peers. The first couple weeks I was having trouble with the images and citing them. Being able to look at and comment on other people's work gave me the insight I needed to do them correctly. I nominate my “Aftermath of Harambe” post and “The MoveOn Effect” post. Both of these i felt like I did a good job explaining myself and using class content to justify my writing. Specifically, Evan and Beau’s blogs throughout the semester stood out to me the most. I used Evan’s specifically for how to correctly cite my images used so I could receive full points. We were in both group projects together and I feel we became friends after this class and the amount of communication we did together. However, Beau had the best written and looking blogs as it looked like he put a lot of work into each and every one. It seems he enjoys writing and has a niche for it. I nominate his 1000 word blog post for best class blog. The content included that link with the class and the fluency that he wrote with made it a great and interesting read. I was engaged the whole time and wanted to read more.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Group Project 1

NYC Trek

TopHat